Monday, 28 October 2013

Note to Self Journal

 Well the summer here was good, time passing just as fast as ever, where we made time for art, not so much for blogging.  So looking for photos for something else, I went pass these and thought time to blog, here are a couple a pages from my Note to Self Journal.  I love working on the A3 size.

Where would you like to be today!

Started off with the page just having black gesso on it.
Then I used the Tim Holtz Paints using stencils and one paint on top of the other for the circles.
I was playing with the Alcohol inks for a different project, so some silver metallic went on the page too, although this does not show up in my photo.

The place I would like to be on that day was Whitby, 
the post card is placed on some Angelina Fibres, again the shimmer is lost in the photo.
A little more detail was added with Gel Pens and a few gems.







Sorting some craft paper, I found one of the Tim Holtz challenge tags and new just where to file it.

Live life to the beat of your own drum.


The back ground had sat in the journal for weeks.
I had used a cheap flexible plumbing filler on the bare paper, made patterns on it, then let it dry.
Covering it in Distress Paints (yes I like them, but no longer have one in every colour, lol!)
Then added the butterflies, and there it sat, and sat, and sat.
Until I put the two together.
Now its a very happy page. 


Note to self are fun buttons from Tally's Stash

 


Now the journal is beginning to fill out I love looking back at the pages.
If you have that journal that is still in its wrapper hope you take if off soon and put paint on its page!

Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie