Sunday, 12 May 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - May

Had a little time to play today, so I carried on making backgrounds for the May tag for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 challenge full details can be found here at www.timholtz.com.  Then I thought I should finish it so I did, 3 times! The third one I didn't like so Georgie said I should finish it, so her being the older sister, I did as told. lol!





attempt 1


attempt 2
looked a bit dark and stormy.




attempt 3
did not like the way the lighthouse sat in the sea, but finished it and now I quite like it.


Now the what I did bit.

I have to admit I have had a few sheets of rub-ons for quite a while, mainly purchased when being sold on offer having only used them a few times they are not my favourite product.  With a note to self - I must start using them up as I think the product is not so sticky as it grows old. That is to say there is a knack on putting them on, and its not with the stick they came with!

However I did like the effect which I will use again.  I also liked making these simple tags, and stopped myself adding to much to them.  I did the distress colouring similar to Tim Holtz but used distress ink as well as stain.


This is how they looked with just rub-ons and distress ink/stain


The stamp set I used is of a light house and sea scenes I will have to update later.
I love the light house but my grumble is that all the elements do not sit well together which I think happens too often.

For those of you that have read down this far a couple of close ups.





Thanks for stopping by.

Dorrie



4 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the colours in your backgrounds. I can see why you might have been worried about the lighthouse but I think it works well once the tag is complete. Yay for older sisters huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all three tags Dorrie. I think your inky backgrounds have made gorgeous skies. The rub-ons on number one look like leaves blowing in the wind. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like all three tags Dorrie, your backgrounds are really beautiful and the lighthouse stamp is wonderful. Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie