Monday, 22 April 2013

Note to Self - 'When flowers are tall.......'

 
Note to Self - Journal Page
 
'When flower are tall and seeds are small
When you plant them in your heart
Your adventure will start'
Tally Grange - march 2013
 
 
This is the quote from my amazing daughter, who had to help me find the words for my
'note to self' journal.  After we had done several drafts, I asked her to write it for me, which she did with laughter in the ink.
 
 
I have no pictures of the beginning of this page, I was happy spraying, mask layering, and generally having a fun and relaxing time.
At tea break I remembered the camera.







The sunflowers are hand drawn, and painted with Distress Paint, then the petals out lined with a fine black marker pen. The stems made with ribbon and green paper.
The tag for quote was the mopping up of paint from the flowers and Distress Ink






 
 
I noticed the other day a challenge on the Artful Times blog site, their challenge 27 was stencils and/or masks, so this journal page fits perfectly.  Full information of the challenge can be found here.
It gave me the reason to upload and share.
The Inspirational Journal are also having a challenge on the same theme (see here) masks and stencils, so I have entered the project there as well.
Next I was blog hopping, and hopped over to Simon Says Stamp and Show, their challenge this week is colour, as the page is colourful I figured I could share there too. Details here
I just impressed myself one journal page 3 challenges lol! 
 
Happy Crafting.
 
Dorrie

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I am well impressed with the sunflowers which you drew yourself and I love the flowers at the base of the composition.
    It was so nice to read that you had got carried away with the stencilling - must have been having real fun - and how lovely that your daughter got involved with the quote.
    A really lovely piece of work - thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely make for us at Artful Times made even more special with the input from your daughter :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page - love the background and the "outstanding" flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS page and I LOVE your bright and fun colours! Great way to add a quote on a tag....thanks for that inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie