Tuesday, 12 March 2013

12 Tags 2013 - March

Like normal I start off saying this is my tag for the March Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 challenge.  Pop over here to see all the details and join in. Again like normal, mine did not follow his, except it is a little spring like.





As this is programmed to be a very busy month, not just at work, but Tally (Mouse) is off skating for 2 weekends (Dumfries and in Belgium) with the local ice syncro team (yes they have a good chance of wining), the family are needed to do a little supporting, I was determined to upload my tag in good time.  It appears I have just managed it! Amazing its not even half way through March.

Now if you have seen the post below, you will be able to see where the tag came from. Using up the left overs.
I have been playing with the new Distress paints making lots of background, so I picked the most spring like. The base layer is mainly paint with just a little distress ink around the edges, then I used a butterfly stamp and with Dylusions ink printed on to the paint, it was the experiment before I did the journal page below. I tried to take a close up, no surprise its not the best photo in the world but you can see a little of it.


The flower stamp is a Donna Downey, again stamped in Distress paint, cut out etc, the butterflies are again left overs coloured with Prisma pencils. I have heat embossed both the raised flowers and butterflies.  After sticking one on I decided the background looked a bit flat, so picking up the nearest leaf stamp I printed it on using different Distress Ink greens.  I didn't realise at the time it was the same I used on the Feb tag, note to self to change style next month.


I used the word 'Breathe', because as many of us I try to fit in so much that we often forget to take a little time to well 'breathe'.  I strung a few beads just because I wanted to and a little heart as Spring is my favourite time of year.

Hope you like.




Just an aside Georgie and I are sitting in the bar uploading out tags, hers has a 'mad march hare' in it, if you want a good  giggle you should pop over to read, in comparison my dialogue appears to have none of the wit, I think the hare must have caught it all in his net along with the m.........., I say no more, visit inksplatsinmysoup.blogspot.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie