Thursday, 27 September 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - September

3 Wise owls.

I know, my tag only has one!

But by tomorrow evening there will be at least 3 owls uploaded to Tims blog site.  I try not to look until I have finished mine, then go and admire the amazing art week. I will go in and link to the other wise owls as they are uploaded

The newish Stampendous Steampunk Owl arrived in store recently, we all (Dorrie, Georgie and Tally) decided that it was the stamp to use for this months project. It is fantastic now people can start with the same basic supplies and they will always turn out different.

Tim Holtz used a metal background this month, press here to see the details.


I patch worked the metal, added colour with alcohol inks


Mr Owl was stamped, heat embossed and coloured with Pro-Markers


Found a few plastic embellishments in the draw (recycled table confetti we have lots left on the boat)
Put alcohol inks on these as well


The words are from the stamp.

it's better to be 
absolutely ridiculous 
than absolutely boring 




I have also linked this tag to the Stampendous's blog. the theme for their challenge this month is embossing. you can check out the details at http://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/

Thank you for visiting 


Happy Crafting.


4 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Just had a look thru your blog and I love all the colour everywhere. A crafter just like me, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tag. It's really creative. I especially like the blue embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Stampendous Saturday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tag! Thanks so much for playing with our Challenge this month! Good luck! Hope to see you in another challenge very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, creative tag! I want to pull out my metal tape right now and give it a try! Thanks for playing along with Stampendous Embossing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie