Sunday, 17 June 2012

Birthday card time again.

My goodness the Jubilee celebrations have come and gone along with school half term and before we blink its mid June.

I needed another quick birthday card back in May so I thought it was about time I shared it with you. Having had not much time for finishing items, I did say I am great at backgrounds, there is not much else new to show.  The office and craft store are slow returning to normal, after it became the storage area for empting A39 (old trip boat),  The new craft e-commerce site is reaching the end of the planning stage and ready to go into build.  2012 trip boat leaflet has been finished.  It sounds like I might have just finished the to do list for April!


Tim Holtz has released his summer distress inks, wonderful bright colours, which are on there way to the shop, (which was also a good excuse for buying a few other items of stock), can't wait for them to arrive.  When Tally was helping us to unpack new stock a few years ago, she gave us a much used quote, 'We need one in ever colour mum', but it does mean I make a few more back grounds

Back to the crafting in hand here is the card I did for Georgie's Birthday.





 I was playing with stamping on material, then I used Distress Inks to colour the material, as normal I think it looks better in real life.  The words were printed on glossy paper that had been alcohol inked.  The blue card was one on my play tags using Picket Fence Distress Stain and Distress Inks.  The learning curve is trying not to have a reflection on the gloss card when taking a photo!


On a different subject but one much talked about - the good news is the BBC weather predicts no rain in Sheffield tomorrow, which a high chance of sun.

Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie