Saturday, 28 April 2012

April - 12 Tags of 2012

Since its nearly the end of April, I thought I better get on with the April Tag.

This week in paradise we have seen lots and lots of rain, and then a little more, having managed to finally sell our old trip boat we are moving it to a dock for some work, or not as it turns out, its half way on its journey, stuck waiting for the river Don to loose some of its extra water, but it made the week go quickly, starting with emptying it, the office is now full while we slowly organise sorting and storing the mess.  The weather forecast is for a little more rain!

In between all the above, I have had a arty crafty play in the evenings, and slowly this turned out.


This months entry for the April challenge for the 12 Tags of 2012 - Tim Holtz

Pop across for all the full details. 


As normal can think of lots of things I would change if I did it again.


This is how it started instead of a word stamp I used a couple of different ones on the embossing folder, it took a few attempts to make it how I liked, but that's the fun of playing.  (Tally was doing hers at the same time, its amazing how interdependent they can be at nine at the same time wanting to use the same bit of equipment!)  You might not have realised that I like lighthouses.
Once I had distressed inked it I stamped the compass image on it.

I cut the branch out free hand, and like the way the embossing powder makes the bark on the branch stand out.  The bird from a Tim Holtz die, I stamped on writing then inked and the wing has the same writing, ink, Stickles and then Glossy Accents.  I wanted it to stand out which I think worked. Both bird and branch are out of Grunge paper.  Tally asked why it was called Grunge, then smelt it and said she could understand why!

The charms I hung from the tree.

Hope the rain stops soon so we can finish moving the boat, but I keep a little sunshine in my heart just in case.

Thanks for taking time to pop over and look at my tag.
Dorrie

1 comment:

  1. your tag very beautiful also! bird and btekst on it, interesting idea! hello from Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie