Saturday, 10 March 2012

Journal Page - A little bird

Today was the day that I was going to start the March Tim Holtz inspired tag, but no it didn't quite happen.
Instead we worked out  how to be able to allow our daughter to blog, her dad is now the content manager and she is the art director, her first blog was her Grandad's birthday card, which then started a debate on how to spell grandad!  If you fancy a look hop over to Mouse's Tiny Art House. I expect soon she will be showing us how to set things up, if only it was now, I look forward to that day.

I thought I would show you one of my journal pages, I really like this one, it makes me smile to look back at it.








Background was done with distress inks.  The flags made from odd bits of paper, the flowers at the bottom hand drawn. The bird again hand drawn and painted with H2O paints, one of my favourites as the mica in them makes them shine. I stuck the bird on the page, then had the idea of the type-rope, the flowers on the ribbon type-rope added to give a little depth.

The quote (which unfortunately you can't read) is taken from Maya Angelou's great poem 'Every Women'
It reads:-
Every women should know.
When to try harder... and when to walk away.

The sun is due to shine tomorrow in Sheffield, but wherever you are have a great day.

Dorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie