Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Go Green-A Colour Challenge

Whilst Blog hopping the other day i noticed  a tag for another challenge page, so I followed the link and hopped over to them to find out more at blog.inspirationemporium.com.

The challenge for this month was anything green.  Having been playing in my journal I had a page that ended up greenish so I played a bit more and ended up with this.




I originally acrylic paint splatted the page, once dried I then gessoed the page this gives a great texture, but not seen very well in the picture. I used water colour crayon to give a base colour mixing greens, blues and yellow as I painted it with water the colours blended to makes shades of green I then played a bit more, the rabbit was one I made for the Tim Holtz challenge tag but the colour was not right, it fitted in here just nicely.  The words were a rub on, found in the stash and just says 'dapper dude'  The flower petals are cut out of different bits of green paper, done at the same time as making the mosaic for the tag below.   
The butterflies are one of the paint splats, they stand out really well.  I blended the edges of the page with distress ink.
As Georgie said it is 'definitely green', hope you like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie