Sunday, 26 February 2012

A few Journal Pages

Thought I would show a couple of the journal pages, that I did, whilst staying in the hotel overnight last weekend when we visited the CHSI show.


This page I had already had small paper flowers stuck on, gessoed and spayed with ink. 
I have used a mask to add the top boarder, with acrylic paint sponged on.
  
Next stamped on the birds from one of the Tim Holtz sets, the owl, arches and words from an Indigo Blu set. Will be stocking some of these in the shop soon. The ribbon is from Georgie's stash.


I believe that you can find a surface to craft on any where, the one little desk was not big enough for both of us so I moved to the floor.  Spayed the page with colour craft inks, then added a few more light layers by using the circle part of the maskl including a little glimmer mist to add a bit of sparkle it does not show up well on the first picture.
Next black gessoed the boarder 


The black gesso looked a bit flat so I dabbed Perfect Medium through the mask and added some perfect pearls, did the same through the mask for the dots.  I have a journal with lots of backgrounds, I will eventually find a way to finish it.  


I also black gessoed a tag then perfect pearled the owl stamp.


Also finished  Dyan's journal page from the workshop.  Not my style with the faces but can find lots of ways to adapt the style of journalling to my pages.






Have just spent a good hour or so trying to change my blog background, hopefully soon I will find out how to move it to the top of the page.  Wish me luck.
Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. Thank you for visiting the blog and leaving a comment.

Happy Crafting and have a great day.

Dorrie